วันพฤหัสบดีที่ 5 กุมภาพันธ์ พ.ศ. 2558

DIY Painted Feathers

DIY Painted Feathers

Post image for DIY Painted FeathersI’ve always loved the idea of painting fake feathers, and with festival season underway it seemed like the perfect time to do it.  I originally thought of these purely as decorations but then it occurred to me that they’d be a great finishing touch for a festival outfit. This is a great activity to do outside on a warm sunny day, and once you start it’s slightly addicting!
diy-painted-feathers
What you need: fake feathers, paint (I used acrylic paint), and a paint brush.
diy-painted-feather-paint
I got this paint from Utrecht and I love it.
diy-painted-feathers
I added a little bit of water to the paint before applying to the feathers, and they absorbed the paint almost like watercolor. I love the way the colors bleed into each other.
diy-painted-feathers-3
After the entire feather was covered I added some dots and lines with white paint.
diy-painted-feathers-4
Get as creative and colorful as you want with the feathers!
diy-painted-feathers-5
diy-painted-feathers-6
diy-painted-feathers-7
diy-painted-feathers-8
I wanted to add in some of the smaller brown feathers to my arrangement, so for those I kept it simple and painted them in colorful ombre shades.
diy-painted-feathers-10
diy-painted-feathers-11
Arrange your feathers on a wall as beautiful spring artwork!
iy-painted-feather-fedora
Another idea: Stick one in a fedora for an awesome festival look.
diy-painted-feather-13
You can also use jewelry wire to attach a feather to a bag as a cute, boho charm!
diy-painted-feather-bag-charm


Source: DIY Painted Feathers http://blog.freepeople.com/2013/03/diy-painted-feathers/#ixzz3QrQLjD6U

ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:

แสดงความคิดเห็น