วันพฤหัสบดีที่ 5 กุมภาพันธ์ พ.ศ. 2558

Christmas Craft: DIY Glitter Vase

Christmas Craft: DIY Glitter Vase

I love getting flowers, especially around the holidays, but I found I was stock full of plain glass vases. As this holiday season approaches, I wanted to find a creative way in which to use these vases and having just used Krylon for my glitter pumpkins, I decided to continue the fun!

DIY Glitter Vase

This craft could not be any easier and it’s inexpensive, which is perfect for me because I don’t like to spend a lot of time or money on my projects.
DIY Glitter VaseDIY Glitter VaseDIY Glitter VaseDIY Glitter VaseDIY Glitter Vase

1. Find a plain glass vase. If you don’t have any of these around the house, borrow one from your neighbor or tell your significant other to buy you more flowers. A round vase is a bit easier to work with in this case, so if you’re purchasing your vase, I’d recommend this inexpensive cylinder vase from Amazon or find something cheap at Michael’s or your local dollar store.
2. Use Scotch masking tape to create your lines. I cut a single piece into two, one wider than the other to vary the decoration. Then, fold the edge slightly over the rim into the glass at an angle and wrap around the vase until you reach the bottom. You can repeat this as many times as you’d like, varying the width of the tape.
DIY Glitter Vase glitter-vase-christmas-craft-table-decor
3. Give it a few good coats. In a well venthilated area, take a can of Krylon Glitter Blast spray paint (I used Lucky Green. Spray at least 8 inches away and turn frequently. You don’t want to coat to heavily with each coat or it will drip. Let it dry about 20 minutes in between each coat and apply 2-3 coats or more, depending on how deep you want the color to be.
4. Time for the big reveal! Once the vase is completely dry, remove the tape slowly. Your vase is complete!
DIY Glitter Vase
DIY Glitter Vase

ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:

แสดงความคิดเห็น